Our Corporate and Commercial Law Firm department has a steady growing client base that includes local and international companies, from global multinationals to SMEs and start-ups.
Fichte & Co‘s Corporate and Commercial areas of expertise include domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures, corporate restructuring, corporate governance and compliance, banking and finance, venture capital, and general corporate advisory. We frequently advise clients on entry strategies into the UAE market, structuring their investments, financing their business, and on legal and regulatory issues that impact their day to day business.
The key advantage of the Corporate and Commercial practice is its versatile and agile team that has considerable cross-jurisdictional expertise, as well as international transactional and advisory experience. Furthermore, our corporate practice boasts clients from a diverse range of industries such that a wide range of industry specific knowledge is available.
Our highly qualified team’s prior representative experience on a number of complex, high value, and award winning transactions allows us to deliver our clients a level of service that is unique to the UAE legal market, and quality that measures up to international standards. Clients rely on our understanding of the regulatory environment, commercial approach, and agility, and can leverage our strong local base and networks to obtain swift and practical solutions to their issues.
Each of our clients matter to us and receive a high level of partner attention. We also second our Commercial Lawyers to our client’s offices enabling us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and provide bespoke solutions.
The Corporate & Commercial team frequently attends conferences and events and liaises with local authorities with a view to build the local network and gain local knowledge of practices peculiar to the UAE.
Additionally, Fichte & Co has been partnering with various Emirati universities and the Middlesex University in Dubai to conduct training sessions on DIFC and corporate laws as well as to facilitate an internship programme for students.
- A multi-state owned shipping company based in the GCC region on various aspects of its proposed combination with a German based shipping company including compliance with UAE companies law, group reorganization, optimization and transformation of key group companies throughout the GCC region.
- A Saudi Arabian conglomerate operating in the petrochemical and fuel additive sector on the formation of a joint venture, drafting the shareholders agreement and the articles of association of the joint venture company, corporate governance of the company, and the acquisition of entities in the UAE, Japan, and India, as well as the bridge financing of a UAE and Japanese entity.
- A Saudi Arabian family owned Insurance Group on potentially entering into a joint venture with an American for-profit managed healthcare company for establishing a medical insurance business in the UAE.
- A Middle East based Insurance broker on entering into an agreement with an internet consultancy company for online aggregation services and on compliance with UAE laws.
- A UAE based private joint stock company operating in the food sector on corporate governance and compliance (including registration with the DFM for availing share registry services) and its capitalization up to AED 300 million to fund its strategic acquisitions and investments in various food companies in the UAE.
- A Norwegian oil and gas service company on structuring its business activities in the UAE and on anti-corruption compliance.
- A French global conglomerate company, in connection with the reorganization of the corporate presence in the region by way of consolidation of the local companies within the broader group.
- An international satellite and radio communication company in connection with a proposed joint venture in the UAE.
Corporate & Commercial News
Corporate & Commercial Expertise
At Fichte & Co, Managing Partner Jasmin Fichte leads a team that is ‘impeccable, in all areas.’ It handles an array of high-value claims for international clients and government entities.
The Legal 500